Money not taken. Help?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Moz1535, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Moz1535 macrumors newbie

Hi! Just registered to ask some advice. I tried googling but got nowhere

I recently bought an apple laptop. The money was taken out of my bank soon as I made the order. The laptop is being shipped right now by UPS and should get it by next week.

I checked my bank account and the money is back in my account. Why hasn't apple taken my money? nothing appears on my statement. What should I do? I've not touched it so its there waiting for them to take it out :)

Shouldn't they have took it by now? I thought they did but they've shipped the laptop and put the money back in.

Any advice would be great :)

2. Orange Crane macrumors 6502

I'm not totally clear on the why of it but that's just how some charges go through. They debit your card when the order is made to be sure you can pay and the charge goes through around time of delivery. They didn't just space charging you.
    It's sort of like when you go out to eat and the restaurant will charge your card for the price of the meal pre-tip, then that goes away and a day or two later the full charge, meal and tip, goes through.

3. Moz1535 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay! Just found it a bit odd. I haven't bought anything through Apple online before. Makes sense now! So they'll take it again when I get it delivered?

Thanks for clearing it up for me :)

4. Orange Crane macrumors 6502

Yeah, give or take a day.

5. Moz1535 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi. I just phoned Apple and they said the money has been paid to them. "We've got the money" an that "everything is good on our end"

But I still have money in my account despite them shipping it, giving me an invoice and saying everything's good.

The person I spoke to said to speak to my bank. Very odd.

6. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

give it a day or two, not unusual at all