Money taken out??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Warwickshire88, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Warwickshire88 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I have pre ordered iPhone 6 this morning and stated delivery will be on 19/9- but I notice Apple took out the full payment out of my bank account. It normally take out when they despatch it(cannot see order process online for time being, but got email confirmation this morning), it that normal for them to take it out immediately?

2. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

pre-authorization. 9/10 funds will be back in your account by Monday.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I believe they put a hold on that amount and then charge you when it ships. That is sometimes there could be a situation that you get the hold and charge, meaning double the funds are being tied up - at least temporarily.

4. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

If used a debit card, this is normal. You're bank puts a hold on the funds and you will see that released back to you if a few days and then you be charged when they ship. I'm a merchant and I have people call us up fairly often thinking that we changed them twice.

5. Warwickshire88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers for the replied- I have ordered 4s and 5 in past and they never took money out till they despatch, but today was different..

6. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

mine says pending for $422.xx...I'm guessing they'll take it when its completely delivered.

7. andrewmaj macrumors regular

Used two different credit cards ... one for my phone and one for my wifes. Both have funds taken out. They are NOT debit cards.

8. Warwickshire88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Expecting to be deliver on 19th Sept?

9. andrewmaj macrumors regular

One phone (16 gig ip6) has an estimated delivery date of of 9/23 - 10/1
    One phone (64 gig 6s) has a date of 10/31 - 11/10

10. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

My credit card shows a "charge" for the full amount of my phone, ac+ and case. I have a ship date of 9/19. I'm assuming its just a temporary charge.

11. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I used a credit card and my account shows the full amount "pending".

12. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I pre-ordered an iPhone 6 this morning for pick-up next Friday, using my Chase IHG credit card.

On my account, I see a pending transaction for $0.00. Usually, when a "transaction" is made as a placeholder, they charge $1.

I spoke with an Apple rep this morning, who says she's not exactly sure about the procedure, but that I likely wouldn't be charged until next week when the phone is shipped to the store.

I talked to Chase, and they couldn't see the transaction as it is for $0.00, which won't show in their system. However, they did say they did not receive any fraud alerts, nor anything else that would stop a payment from being made.

I also told them about the purchase, so that if/when it does show up, it will not be flagged.

Does anyone have any insight? Just wondering why it shows a transaction, and why that transaction is $0.00.

13. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

I bought from Verizon and there's no hold or money taken out at all. This happens with a lot of things I buy though. One time I bought a desk from Staples and it didn't appear in my account until the delivery date.

14. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Every situation is different. In my experience though. Debit cards "typically" see the full amount pending, where credit cards may show $1 or nothing.

15. steve1956 macrumors newbie

16. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

Apple took its money today from me.

ATT took a dollar and better not charge me on their screw up.