Moneyworks ???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by amicus, May 19, 2007.

1. amicus macrumors newbie

May I please preface this post appologising if I have posted in the wrong spot? I am CLUELESS about this kind of stuff (the computer world in general) and am trying to find a solution for a business problem.

My husband (it is his business) is a very dedicated Mac user. He bought me this sweet little G4 powerbook to use so I would never spill cups of tea on his 17inch again. And I am trying hard to be good.:eek:

He has a small army of Macs at work, and has been using MYOB and excell for quite some time. Describing it (MYOB) as clumsy, and not meeting the business admin requirements, he is hunting for a more proficient resource.

Our local apple store recommended a fellow selling something called Moneyworks. Said fellow came out to tell us about his product, which sounds just perfect, but I would like to hear from someone already using this product. (not that I will likely understand your reply, but will pass it on to my much cleverer husband :rolleyes: )

Can anyone offer comment?

Thanking you in hopeful anticipation :D

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

3. amicus thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for your reply. That is the set up we are looking at.

I hear that Apple has withdrawn tech support for MYOB in Canada (could be wrong though, I am a looong way away!) so maybe there may be more users out there looking at alternatives in the future?

Here I am going to hang the remnants of my pride out to be shredded, but is there anyway I can know if those six reviews are legit? Or if the man selling just asked his six buddies to write in? Or kind of offered them a hefty discount if they wrote a kindly review?

Call me a cynic maybe, but it is a taxing thing, to make informed decisions when you are so ......uninformed, lol!

Which is why I would love to hear from someone here who has used the program - figuring I may find someone who is able to offer an impartial view.

Please, if you're out there.........