Monitor a red haze - pic attached

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chipandegg, Sep 9, 2011.

1. chipandegg, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011

chipandegg macrumors regular

chipandegg

I've had my Mac Pro for around 4 years now, no problems at all. In that time I've had 2 monitors, on the first the usb sockets went, and as I was covered by Apple Care I got a new one.

Well, I'm using the second one right now (which I've had for about a year and a half) and everything's is a reddish haze, the whole screen is.

Would this be a monitor or graphics card issue, as far as I know both work fine, but one is on the way out. As I've noticed in the past few months brief glimpses of graphical mangling going on (only for a split second).

Thanks

Just seen what the attachment looks like from my ipad, looks completely normal. Monitor issue?

Attached Files:

2. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

I'm not seeing a red haze on mine so I'd guess it was something to do with your actual screen rather than a graphics issue.

3. chipandegg thread starter macrumors regular

chipandegg

Cool cheers, yeah straight away I thought the attachment would still 'hold that' red haze. But after seeing my thread on the ipad, we can see thats certainly not the case!

4. chipandegg thread starter macrumors regular

chipandegg

I just tilted the monitor forward (inadvertently) and everything is now ok (I suppose actually it isn't ok, but the picture is back to normal).

5. skorpien macrumors 68020

Sounds like a bad cable. Do you have any others that you can check? When you tilt it back, does it come back? If you wiggle the cable in it right now, can you replicate it with the monitor tilted forward?

6. chipandegg thread starter macrumors regular

chipandegg

I can't replicate it again, tried wiggling the cable and all is well. The thing with the monitor cable is that its fastened into the back and then splits into 4 smaller cables (1 Usb, 1 FW, one where you have to screw the plug at either end and one more that fits into the box, which comes with the monitor).

So if the cable is busted (I can't see anyway you can actually unplug it from the back of the monitor) then the monitor will have to go.

Thankfully its been fine

Though, when ever I'm using Safari I have noticed that there are some graphical distortions (don't really know what you would call it) every now and then (changing tab, loading page etc).

CHeers