monitor advice needed for a older MBP and photography.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by stevo8, Jan 2, 2009.

1. stevo8 macrumors 6502

Well my 22" dell monitor I was using took it's last breaths yesterday and now I need something else soon. Primary use is CS4 and lightroom. I could pick up a 20" cinema display right now for $300 that's local and in good shape but I have been told by several people(all pc/anti mac users) that I can get just as good or better display for that price or less. If that's true then what should I be looking at and if not then what's superior about the apple displays?

Also I do intend on purchasing a 24" aluminum iMac within the next 6months or so. I have never had a desktop before and was wondering if I could run a seperate(the 20" if purchased) off the iMac?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

That's a good deal on the ACD, and for photography that would be great since it has a very high quality panel in it. I personally would go for the ACD because it would be ideal for color correct work. And yes, the iMac does support dual monitors so you will be able to run the ACD on the iMac.

3. stevo8 thread starter macrumors 6502

way I know the acd monitor would be a nice upgrade as far as colors go, and that would be more then welcomed. I'm just worried that going from a 22" monitor to a 20" monitor might be hard to do. That and being advised that I could get a larger equally as good non mac monitor for the same price has put some doubt in my mind..

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

The 22" and 20" monitors have the same resolution so you really shouldn't notice a difference between them screen space wise.