Monitor advice...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by arachn1d, Apr 14, 2007.

1. arachn1d macrumors member

I made a previous thread about a dell 30" or 24" dilemma, I was just buying the 30" (refurbished) the other night and then almost like a sign... the thing was bought before me (only one left). So anyway, now my dilemma has risen again and I'm not sure what to do.

I am now leaning towards 24" just because I want one now. I would also buy the new one, so I guess it has the better screen HD stuff that people were talking about.

I am wondering though, if I ever wanted another 24" in the future, is it possible at all to hook up two 24" displays to a Mac Book Pro?

Is a single 24" + mbp enough screen realestate to really feel 'in heaven' ? I remember it wasn't all that great with a iMac 20" but the resolution was also something like 1620 or such.

Thanks for the feedback in advance,
    Daniel

2. arachn1d thread starter macrumors member

Anyone? Probably making the decision tonight. And on that note, does anyone have an idea on how often Dell updates their refurbished stock?

3. phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

It is not possible (within reason) to connect more than one external display to a MacBook or MacBook Pro. If I were you, I would choose the largest display I could afford/accommodate, since you only get one get external. Of course, really comes down to personal preference. Some people find 30" displays too large. If you haven't already, I suggest sitting down with both sizes of displays at your nearest :apple: Store