"Monitor" Application in Login Items?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macboy4, Nov 12, 2009.

1. macboy4 macrumors regular

I was making some changes to my user account and I notice an application in Login Items called "Monitor". I've never heard of this and I couldn't find anything online.

Anybody know what this is?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

In the Login Items pane, you can highlight an item, then right click (or control-click) to select Reveal in Finder. The window that the item is in will then open.

3. macboy4 thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately, I already removed it and I don't see it as an option when I click "+".

4. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

To see it as an option, you have to navigate to its location. Since you removed it, you won't be able to find it unless you do a search in Finder.

5. shifty50 macrumors newbie

might be related...

Did you happen to install a LeapFrogConnect app recently? LeapFrog like the interactive children's toys? My son got some talking dog today that requires computer customization, and after I installed the LFC app, I now have 'Monitor' in my Login Items.

Revealing in Finder shows 'Apps/LeapFrogConnect/Contents/Monitor'

Hope this helps. Oh and Merry Xmas!

6. Bob6stringer macrumors newbie

"Monitor" Longin item - Yup - Gotta be Leapfrog

I just had the same issue, finding "Monitor" in y login items. And I have confirmed its origin is the LeapFrog Connect software. Which never worked correctly -- and which LeapFrog will not support. (They stopped responding to the e-mail support thread we had going. I won't be buying my kid anything from them again, of course.)

7. raydot macrumors newbie

LeapFrog Connect

I can confirm this comes from LeapFrog connect. I was able to get it working but it kinda just does a whole lot of nothing.