Monitor arm for 23" ACD

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by olemed, Apr 24, 2007.

1. olemed macrumors member

olemed

I'm interested in a monitor arm (desk mount) for a 23" apple display I plan to purchase. I'm not sure if I want a radial arm or articulating arm - I think radial will give me more length extension, if so that's what I want.

There are so many choices out there, it's hard to know what's any good. I have an anthro console unit desk and I need for the monitor to extend at a max of 22-25 inches (I have poor vision so I need the max expansion).

So far this one is on my list as it expands up to 27"
    http://www.ergomart.com/HD_LCD_monitor_arms/lcd_monitor_arm_SAA2718details.htm

Any one else use this arm and/or are there any other recommendations from those who have similar arms?

2. james2002 macrumors newbie

Look at the Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm. I have three of the arms, two for notebooks and one for a 23" ACD and they work great. If you need them to extend farther I believe you can add an extension arm but it already has a good range of motion.

3. olemed thread starter macrumors member

olemed

That arm looks good too. The only thing that I see a possible problem with is the height of the post that attaches to the end of the desk. I'm in the attic so I've got a slanted ceiling/roof to deal with and the additional shelf on my desk and a monitor on the shelf, it's right at the point where it meets the ceiling. I'm guessing it's possible to mount this arm on say the side of the desk as opposed to the end. I have an anthro console unit with additional shelf and it's rather wide so if it's possible to mount the arm on the side, it should have enough room for it to move up, down, etc.,

4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Does arms are ugly. There is the Yellowtec Mika, used in the broadcast world and is pretty heavy duty (I don't mean the mic-arm, but monitor support system). Here is the link:
    http://www.yellowtec.com/MIKA-page-139.html

5. olemed thread starter macrumors member

olemed

It looks okay as do the other arms I've looked at - I'm more interested in function than style.

6. itguru macrumors newbie

I have this arm and it works great! I love it. You literaly float your monitor above the desk and position it where you want it. I got mine for $209. and shipping included at www.innovativeessentials.com they also have the iLift. You should check it out.

7. mags631 Guest

Any functional differences in radial versus articulating?

8. itguru macrumors newbie

Difference are that a radial arm has a gas spring type cylinder which counterbalances the wieght of your lcd. On the articulating arm you would have to adjustit by using a tool to raise the height. It will extend horizontally though.