Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisjf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Hi All,

I've been trying to get decent color on my Acer AL2216W display to no avail.

First, I attempted to fiddle with the brightness and contrast levels because I've been having trouble seeing really light grays. I used this as a guide so my whites, grays, and blacks looked good but then my colors were completely off.
http://www.photofriday.com/calibrate.php

Then, (after resetting all my changes) I downloaded a color profile from the Acer support website. Surprisingly, that profile is completely off.

Next, I tried using Mac OS X's Color Calibration utility in System Pref > Displays > Color > Calibrate. I ended up with incorrect colors & grays again.

Am I doing something wrong? Could someone please direct me about how to achieve proper colors and contrast?

Also, if any of you have an Acer AL2216W and you have made a correct color profile, please pass it along!

Thanks in advance!
-Chris

scottydawg

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
It's really worth the money (esp. if you can find a used one) to purchase a X-Rite i1 Display2 . You can use it on all of your computers and it improves the profiles very nicely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.