Monitor Calibration

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gazfocus, Sep 17, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I have just set up my new 23" ACD and I am using it as my primary monitor with a 19" Samsung TV/Monitor as my secondary display until I can afford a 2nd ACD.

Now...the problem is, a) the samsung looks extremely dull compared to the ACD, and b) in Photoshop, a white background is actually coming up cream/pale yellow.

Is there a good free way of calibrating the Samsung?

Thanks

2. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

Have you tried system preferences, display, colour, calibration? I think you should be able to do most things with that, if you click on expert mode.

3. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

The setup I'm using dual monitors with is a windows system. I have just tried the calibration you suggested with my MBP it works great, but is there any way of doing this in Windows?

4. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

Ah sorry, should have read your sig!
    Photoshop should have the adobe gamma control panel, or gamma wizard built in, try that.

5. rupie94 macrumors member

maybe you can download some sort of nvidia software whith which you can calibrate your screen really easy

6. scottydawg macrumors 6502

scottydawg

I understand you don't want to spend the money but do consider getting an X-Rite calibration system in the future, it works for an unlimited number of computers (so you can do your laptop, desktop, work computer, etc.) and really does a beautiful job.

7. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

ouch!!! just looked at the price of those things, and they're twice the cost of the monitor :(

8. scottydawg macrumors 6502

scottydawg

I'm not sure you were looking at the right thing but you should be looking at this one, usually around $175 but I have seen used ones for less: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JLO31M

( X-Rite Eye One Display 2 )

9. kalex macrumors 65816

Highly recommend this one as well.

10. kabunaru Guest

Try setting both monitors to AppleRGB colour profile and see how that is going to be like.