Monitor color help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mhettinger, Aug 27, 2008.

1. mhettinger macrumors newbie

I just bought my first iMac last weekend and I love it! My 2 1/2 year old daughter apparently loves it too because tonight while I was making dinner she decided to help herself to it. After I discovered what she was doing, I realized she had somehow changed the coloring on my screen and everything now looks like it is a solarized color photograph. Everything that should be white is black, blue is now orange and so on. How in the world do I fix this? I have no idea what she did. I am a complete Mac newbie so please make any instructions step by step. Please help, I love this computer but now I can't stand to look at it!

2. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Press Control + Option/Alt + Command + 8 all at the same time and it will change it back.

3. mhettinger thread starter macrumors newbie

I pressed all that and it didn't work, any other ideas?

4. DigiCatRedux macrumors member

DigiCatRedux

In your dock, goto "System Preferences"- goto "Universal Access" - under "display" make sure the black on White button is checked off.
    if the "White on Black" is checked, you'll get this reversed color effect.

Which is always fun to pull on co-workers & watch them freak for 5 minutes or so. :D

5. mhettinger thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so very much! It worked! Now to figure out how to put a password in place so she can't do something like this again. Totally off topic, where in New England are you? I grew up in Maine and miss it terribly so my curiosity is always piqued when I see someone is from that area.

6. DigiCatRedux macrumors member

DigiCatRedux

Ah, well right now I'm residing in Taxachusetts - been here a few years. Not at all like my home state of Hawaii - but I'm gotten accustomed to the horrible weather and the hustle & bustle.
    Glad this worked for you!