Monitor color is off?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by yummywaffles, Sep 5, 2011.

1. yummywaffles, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011

yummywaffles macrumors newbie

I have just purchased a thunderbolt->hdmi cable in order to connect my new 2011 macbook air to a samsung monitor i have. However, after setting everything up and recalibrating the screen with the macbook air, greens look a lot brighter than they should. is there something wrong with my calibration? the cable? my monitor? assuming the mba's built in screen has fairly accurate color representation i have taken 2 pictures comparing the mba air screen and the external monitor. hopefully my crappy iphone camera can give you some idea of the problem i'm experiencing. can anyone help?

thanks!

Attached Files:

2. h00ligan macrumors 68030

It's a calibration issue. Look for a calibrator that can do dual monitors if it is important or run supercal yourself and get 'close'

3. yummywaffles thread starter macrumors newbie

I already calibrated it with the OSX calibrater. I never use the 2 screens at once. when i'm at home i have it in clamshell mode. so dual monitor calibration wouldnt matter? or do i just not understand what you are saying?

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

What monitor model is this? I too have a Samsung and noticed the odd colors out of the box. I played with the different settings on the monitor such as angle and a few other things. It was three months ago so I don't remember what settings I played with but I have it set the same way now. All I remember was it was one of the preset adjustments. Just keep messing with the adjustments, you can always hit the reset to start over.

5. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

You need to calibrate both display`s independently as each one will use it`s own .icc file...

6. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

you mean your mba screen is samsung and you noticed colors were off?

cause i have a i7 13 air and on my own website www.sunshineautomall.com the reds look dull whereas on my 13 i7 pro they look real bright

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

No, I mean my external Samsung monitor.