Monitor color profiles drifting

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Silver22, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Silver22 macrumors newbie

I've been having a weird problem for a while, and I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue. I've got a MBP, and I run an external display at the same time. Both monitors are calibrated, but it seems like once or twice a day the profile stops working, and I have to bring up the displays preferences box for it to switch back to the calibrated profile.

I don't have to actually switch the profile every time, I just need to hit displays preferences. Any ideas?

2. m85476585 macrumors 65816

That happened to me the other day. It woke up from sleep, and it was using something that looked a lot worse than the default profile, but it wasn't one of the other built-in profiles. I set it to a calibrated profile and I haven't had a problem since. I don't have an external monitor.

3. Silver22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Now that you mention it, I think I've only had the problem after it wakes up from sleep. It doesn't happen all the time though...

4. m85476585 macrumors 65816

5. Silver22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I turned off the screensaver and haven't had the problem since.

It goes direct to turning the display off now. Maybe something wasn't playing nice with the fancy iTunes tile screensaver?

6. m85476585 macrumors 65816

Mine did it again the other day. The screensaver is set to go on after it goes to sleep (AKA not at all), so I don't think that's the problem, but I just set it to never just in case.

7. DistantThunder macrumors newbie

Same here

I have this same problem under Leopard. It's been happening to me every few days it seems like. It's an easy fix (all I have to do is open the preference pane for displays, and it corrects itself), but it's also a nuisance. Would love to hear a solution.

I've also started a thread about this on Apple's website, which you can follow or participate in here:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1592958&stqc=true

8. Silver22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Try turning off your screensaver. I was using the iTunes one.

That solved the problem for me.