Monitor Connect Conffusion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by levilucas03, Apr 7, 2013.

1. levilucas03 macrumors newbie

Its driving me mad... basically i want to connect a monitor up more likely 21" or a 27", mac is the mid 2010 model, which doesn't have thunderbolt but does have the mini port

I want to connect this monitor up so i have my mac screen and this monitor, now do i need an adapter like the kanex c30, were it uses mini port and usb, or can i just buy a miniport to dvi connector....

ITS DRIVNG ME INSANE.... plus the monitor im getting is goings to be an ips monitor which the res it going to be high either the 2,560x1,440 pixels or the 19... X 1080 ??

And i dont care about sound.... i can plug in speakers

2. simsaladimbamba

A simple MDP to DVI adapter will suffice:
    As for IPS, it does not mean a bigger resolution, it just means a better display technology (better viewing angles, better colours) compared to TN displays (cheaper displays in the 100 to 300 USD range).

A proper 21.5" display will have 1920 x 1080 pixel, a proper 27" display will have 2560 x 1440 pixel, regardless of IPS or TN.

3. levilucas03 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh yes makes allot more sense now.... on your opinion what do you think i should get for a monitor... to be fair i dont want to splash out too much money but want a decent display i only suggested the IPS because my mate bought one and they do look awesome..... but his monitor costs 350 and that was the:

DGM IPS-2701WPH 27".... im just looking for a nice monitor that gives out a decent display.... ideas would help ????

4. simsaladimbamba

I am using the Dell U2412M and it is a 16:10 monitor with 1920 x 1200 pixel and an IPS panel and I am very satisfied with it. It is a matte display though, many people do not like them.

5. levilucas03 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah pretty nice to be fair gonna read up on it, nice size iswell cheers for your input :D