Monitor died, need advice on low end replacement

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by weblogik, Apr 9, 2010.

1. weblogik macrumors regular

May 7, 2007
    my monitor died and without much research in a hurry i bought a Samsung P2570 25in 1920x1080 4ms LCD Monitor for $320 from Tiger Direct, going by some reviews and brand name... I m a graphic designer (print and web) professional but a little strapped right now can't really dish out for a apple external display for my macbook pro...

This Samsung looks great for videogaming and movie watching, but its no good for color accuracy i cant even get the damn thing calibrated with my huey, it looks nothing like my macbook pro screen, its way too "hot"

anyone have any advice for a $500 or under 24 inch display??? i need to return this thing in the next few days so any help is appreciated thanks :)

logik :)
  2. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Oct 26, 2005
    Made a similar recommendation in the Mac Pro forum but check out Dell. They regularly have sales and if you call them up you can usually knock an additional 5-10% off.
  3. bluetooth macrumors 6502a

May 1, 2007
    Yeah, I bought a top of the line 24" LCD from Dell (Ultra Sharp) a couple years back and I am 100% satisfied with it. No problems, perfect picture, no ghosting etc. I would say comparable to Apple's but you know you will get Mac heads here saying there is nothing better than an Apple display. :rolleyes:

Fo an extra $100, I would opt for the Dell Ultra Sharp. Well worth the investment imo. For an extra couple hundred bucks I would look at LaCie, I had one of those as well and it aged like fine wine.