Resolved Monitor driver?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Carlanga, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Carlanga, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012

Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

So I got a Monitor as a present, it's an LG E2241. The thing works great, except the recommended resolution does not work since I get the screen to the side and cannot be readjusted. I had to drop down to another resolution to get it to work. Now sometimes when I turn on the monitor it flickers a couple of seconds before settling. I found some mac drivers for it on the LG support site, but don't know how to install it?

It's a universal driver zip that included one for OSX according to the site.
    The files are:
    E2241.ICM
    E2241.INF
    E2241.CAT
    Setup.exl

Does anyone know which would be the one for OSX and how to go on and install it? TIA

2. Carlanga thread starter macrumors 604

Carlanga

Figured it out inside Library and used E2241.ICM :cool:

3. blanka macrumors 68000

Usually monitor drivers are useless on Mac.
    What cable do you use? HDMI/DVI should work at native res by default. Don't use VGA as display quality is less and you might need to use SwitchResX, which is more expensive than a proper cable.

4. Carlanga thread starter macrumors 604

Carlanga

The "driver" was just color correction specific for the monitor.
    I'm using VGA because I'm running my MacBook to the monitor (figured the iMac subforum gad more users w monitors) and that is the only accessory I own for display.
    What is the benefit of using the app apart from having everything as a shortcut? Does it replace the apple drivers for displays or why should I use it?