Monitor experts please comment

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rapscallion, May 2, 2011.

1. Rapscallion macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Does anyone knowledgeable about monitors think this is a good deal? I will be using it for AutoCAD work and general computer use.
    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7059353&CatId=5469

2. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

It's really optimized for HD video. It has low resolution which will really stand out when used for other than video. TN rather than IPS panel which has a reduced viewing angle. The large cited contrast range is done by dimming the screen backlight with dark content, which is a reasonable trick for video but would be totally annoying for computer use.

3. The-Pro macrumors 65816

I agree with everything Talmy has said apart from the resolution. It isnt low resolution. In comparison to a 27" ACD, or 27" Dell Ultrasharp, yeh ok then its low. but Full HD resolution is good enough for you uses. I know an entire Design Company using AutoCAD and Alias, there isnt a single monitor there with better resolution than Full HD because they dont need it!!
    For that price its pretty good!!

4. Rapscallion thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you both for your input. I'm still undecided.

5. vaderhater245 macrumors 6502

If your willing to spend a little extra, I'd check out the HP ZR22. It's a little bit smaller but you get what you pay for. IPS, Full HD, All the ports you need.

6. Rapscallion thread starter macrumors regular

That is a bit to expensive for me, I have to stay on a $200 budget.

7. The-Pro macrumors 65816

possibly worth looking at is the BenQ V2420 LED Screen, or the LG LED screens. Both good, both under 200. i have the BenQ, its good considering the price, nothing compared to the 23" ACD, 24" or 27" ACD, but of course they are atleast 3x the price.

8. Rapscallion thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Although this is over my budget it's not a bad looking monitor.

http://www.pc-canada.com/item.asp?item=IPS236V%2DPN&utm_source=shopbot&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopbot