Monitor for 13" MBP --Apple or Dell IPS?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JSpence, Jun 21, 2012.

1. JSpence macrumors regular

JSpence

Have done a search and have been reading through previous posts, so I feel I'm facing a unique decision dilemma.

I am stuck trying to decide beween two monitors, an older Apple Cinema Display 20" or a newer Dell IPS U2412m/U2410.

Ideally, I'd like to hook up my Xbox via HDMI to game, but it's not necessary and the u2410 is actually a little steep.

LOVE the design of the older Apple CD but would hate to purchase potentially outdated tech but passing on the Dell. I personally think the Dell is hideous, but I'm sure the screen looks good.

Thoughts?

2. troy14 macrumors 6502a

The Dell isn't hideous imo, but that is just my opinion and you have yours as you already stated. I personally have the U2410 and it is one of the best monitors I have ever had the pleasure to use. The display quality is wonderful and the colors are accurate as well.

The plethora of inputs doesn't hurt either. I do have my Xbox 360 hooked up via the HDMI input and my Macbook Pro to the dvi input.

It's great for me as well because it turns the 2 usb ports on my macbook pro into 4 (2 on the side, 2 underneath).. which a hub would do but I like having as little wires as possible.

Also, the extra real estate is great. I am very happy I purchased the U2410, and I do like the Matte more than a glossy apple CD...