Monitor for MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lskywalker, Aug 5, 2011.

1. lskywalker macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I've been looking for a monitor for quite some time now, but wasn't able to find anything right. I'm not looking for something for professional applications, my only requirement is that it matches the colors of my Macbook Pro (Early 11 matte). I've tried Dell, Eizo, Samsung in different price ranges but I never found a monitor that came even close to the MBP's white color.

Are there any good monitors out there that can compete with the Macbook? Ideally 22"-24" and with the highest resolution possible.

2. nick7138 macrumors member

Not quite sure what your price range is, but Apple's LED Cinema Display has a super high resolution and has the same design as your MBP. You can also buy a refurbished 24" for about $600. I'm not sure if you'd like it, considering you have matte on your MBP and the display is super glossy.

3. lskywalker thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought about the Cinema, if there was one with a matte screen I'd buy it at once… Maybe I'll just give it a try and see how it works in practice.

4. nick7138 macrumors member

There are no matte options, which is the biggest complaint from people. If you have no problem with the gloss and the price then you should definitely get it.