Monitor for MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soholtd05, Nov 16, 2007.

1. soholtd05 macrumors newbie

I am currently using XP and sick of it, Plan on getting a MBP in Jan. When I get my MBP I am also considering getting a monitor. The ACD look great but are a little out of my price range. I found this monitor (http://www.buy.com/retail/product.a...pe=PE&Category=Comp&Gad=0&dcaid=15889#cRevSec) online and was wondering if anyone has this monitor.

Also can monitors be used as television when connected with a set top box?

Just in case the link doesn't work the monitor is BenQ FP222WH.

2. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

I don't have that particular monitor, but I have a westinghouse 22" that might use the same panel. For what it's worth I like it a lot, although I kind of glare in envy at people who have 23" or 24" monitors because the pixel density is kind of low on the 22". Make sure you see it in person first before you commit to it, I probably will upgrade to a 23" sometime because there is a jarring difference between the density on the lcd and my mbp. It is amazing for movies though!

3. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

IMO, dell 2407wfp is the best cost/quality out there. Yes, monitors will function at TV's, just make sure you have the right inputs.

4. MacHiavelli macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

5. nikiski macrumors regular

Hello, I recommend either the Dell 2407WFP monitor, or the 23" Apple Cinema Display.

I like the Apple Cinema Display better since it's got higher pixel density. :)