Monitor For my Mac Book Pro 17" 2011 i7

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Madasafish110, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Madasafish110 macrumors newbie

Hi

Could some one please recommend a monitor for my mac book pro 17" i7 laptop.

I have thought of buying a desktop iMac, but i could save money and just buy a monitor ?

Any ideas ? looking for around 20 to 27 inch display.

Cheers

Kev

2. jdaniel macrumors 65816

well I bought a refurb thunderbolt display... yours is not thunderbolt enabled right so you cant really do that and buying a cinema display is not good value coz it is already obsolete.. If you keep things in good condition like I do and your laptop is mint then I suggest selling it and buying an imac is having a desktop suits you.

3. Madasafish110 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thunderbolt Mac book Pro

Hiya

Mac Book Pro is in As New Condition, it does also have thunderbolt

Kev

4. Dr Charter macrumors 6502

The refurb Thunderbolt Display is a great option if you can find one. There are cheaper models but I love the convenience of one cable to hook up all of my drives and peripherals.

5. jdaniel macrumors 65816

Well if u have TB then I would go for the TB display just coz u can charge and connect with the cable you don't have to run any other adapters, people are talking about a new one coming out but I ain't holding my breath,I bought mine recently refurb, I will not buy it full price though so either look for CL around your area to pick on real cheap or refurb if u want the security of warranty etc

6. caughtinfire macrumors member

caughtinfire

The thunderbolt displays were a bit pricey for me. I picked up a 27" AOC monitor with an IPS panel at Best Buy on sale a few months ago. It's not the most amazing monitor ever, but it was a good compromise between quality and price. Plus, it's HDMI so I can connect other stuff, and I just picked up a thunderbolt to HDMI cable off Amazon.

7. jdaniel macrumors 65816

For newer or rmbp it's cool right coz u guys have sooooo many ports hdmi ports 2 tb but for older comps there's no hdmi and only one tb port so the docking function of the tb display is so awesome