Monitor for my MacBook Pro 2016 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Robejazz, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Robejazz macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I am not that knowledgeable on monitors. I did some research and settled on the Dell U2415. I plugged it in and it's nice and all, but the text is jagged, def not smooth compared to my MacBook Pro 2016 15"... I guess that's to be expected, right?? Or is there some better way to connect it? I have tried 2 ways:

1. HDMI to The Apple HDMI USB C Adapter
    2. Mini dP to a DP USB C Adapter

Both look the same - Nice, but Jagged/Blurry text compared to the Retina Screen.

Like I said, I dont know a lot about this and it could be completely expected... Or would a better setting or a Hi Speed HDMI cable be worth buying? How did it get such good reviews ? Or is comparing it to the Retina MacBook Pro not "fair"???

Thanks for the Help!

Robe

2. jerryk macrumors 68040

On an HD display It won't be as detailed as your retina display, but it should not noticeably jagged.

On the monitor, Under the Apple menu select System Preferences | Displays. Make sure Resolution is set to "Default for display".

Also make sure the text app you are using is not scaling the text.

3. whiteonline macrumors 6502

whiteonline

The U2415 is a 1920x1200 resolution screen (94 PPI - pixes per inch). Your MacBook has a resolution of 2560x1600 resolution (227 PPI). Your Mac has many, many more dots, and they're much smaller. This results in razor sharp images.
    To match your MacBook, you'll need a "4K" monitor such as the P2415Q.

Edit: Do as jerryk above advises first of course! The cable won't make a difference however.

4. Robejazz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help! It helps a lot. The text isn't that bad, just not as good as the MacBook, so your reasoning makes sense. I will check the other settings and also consider a 4K monitor.

Thanks

Does anyone else have the U2415?? What do you think ?

5. RandomRazer Suspended

pick up the apple thunderbolt display. its gotta match right?