Monitor for Photograpy

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mitoman212, Nov 2, 2011.

1. mitoman212 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am new posting to this form but have always browsed while doing research. I haven't been able to track down a good thread with the information I'm looking for.

I recently bought an 23in cinema display along with an older G5. I bought it mainly for the display as I already own a MBA that has been speedy enough to handle my Photoshop & aperture needs. However it seems that the display was among a defective batch or went bad. It has a pink tint along the borders of the display, it is quite noticeable & I feel that it has affected the overall picture quality.

However I really do like the older style cinema displays & would like to get another one, or repair this one. I am also open to suggestions for a replacement. I need something that is accurate for photos as I'm doing a lot of editing & Photoshop work.

Also I was wondering if the G5 would be worth upgrading, to use an older version of PS. It's running 10.5.8 its a PowerMac 7,3 with 2ghz dual core, only 1 gb of ram running a ATI Radeon 9650 with 256 mb of ram.

Thanks in advance

2. fastmax, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

fastmax macrumors member

3. TrygveK macrumors newbie

I know that many of the pro's prefer the NEC screens. Can't tell which model - but they are a clear first choice among them at least.... Slighlty pricier

4. mitoman212 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do like NEC I've owned one of their monitors before & was very happy with it. Does anybody know a good model for photography?