Monitor; get now or wait?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by djpic, Apr 29, 2011.

  1. djpic macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2009
    Location:
    Orlando, Florida
    #1
    I currently have a 27-inch iMac and I am trying to decide on getting a new 27-inch LED display for it. But the product is nearing updates according to the "buyer's guide"

    The question is should I hold out or just go ahead and get the current one. I haven't seen apple update their displays very often so not sure if that time range is correct on the "buyer's guide."

    Thanks for any input!
     
  2. WillEH macrumors 6502a

    WillEH

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2011
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #2
    I'd wait if it's up for refresh soon. Do you need it urgent?
     
  3. djpic thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2009
    Location:
    Orlando, Florida
    #3
    Yes and no. It would be nice to have as I don't have a secondary monitor as of now. But I can deal with out yet would make my life easier.

    I am also looking at purchasing 3 security cameras (WVC210) for my place. I had one of these that lasted like 3 to 4 years...on 24-7. Plus a new APC UPS w/ network management card and environmental monitoring for my server. I am leaning towards getting the cameras first and waiting on the apple monitor. Then maybe the monitor or APC unit.

    So I am at a crossroads as they say.
     
  4. djpic thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2009
    Location:
    Orlando, Florida
    #4
    Now with the possibly of iMac's with Thunderbolt Tech on them, do you think the new monitors will have ONLY thunderbolt and not have displayport? This could be an issue as my iMac doesn't have Thunderbolt. Therefore, it would make since to purchase it now.
     
  5. Cole JM macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2011
    #5
    Display port and tb are the same. Your display port stuff will work in tb. I doubt apple would alienate it's users and make a monitor which wouldn't work with last years products. I would wait. If anything the price of the current t model will go Down
     
  6. djpic thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2009
    Location:
    Orlando, Florida
    #6
    So, I am still considering getting the monitor? I don't know if they will updated it or not. Really, the only thing I am worried about is a price drop.

    Considering that apple didn't update their monitor for years last time, do you think the 305 refresh rate justified? :confused:
     
  7. stefmesman macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2010
    Location:
    Netherlands
    #7
    i think they will, just for the sake of an iSight HD camera, and ofcourse theyll add some thunderbolt toys who knows? nobody knows for shure.

    if you need it now? buy it.

    if you CAN wait. then wait.
     
  8. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2011
    #8
    I don't see Apple dropping the price on a refresh. I hope I'm wrong however.
     
  9. peskaa macrumors 68020

    peskaa

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2008
    Location:
    London, UK
  10. djpic thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2009
    Location:
    Orlando, Florida
    #10
    After reading that thread, then yes, I think I am going to go for the monitor. The thread states what I was thinking, the apple displays last time weren't updated for years and have a feeling these maybe the same thing. If they do update it, it will be the camera (I have one on my imac), thunderbolt (don't have it or need it), and the size (which I don't like the non-uniform 27-inch iMac and XX-inch display). I will be purchasing one next week....apple store here I come (can't wait for shipping). :cool:
     
  11. djpic thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2009
    Location:
    Orlando, Florida
    #11
    FYI....went to apple store and now have two 27-inch monitors (iMac & Cinema Display). A little overwhelming at first, but I am getting used to it. :cool::cool:
     

Share This Page