Monitor going trough Belkin's thunderbolt dock

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by benaudio, Apr 9, 2014.

1. benaudio macrumors newbie

Hi, just got my new "Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock"

When I plug my LG E2350v monitor to it. The monitor's colors get messed up.
    If I plug the monitor directly to my macbook pro everything works fine.

What could be the problem? [​IMG]

2. John Kotches macrumors 6502

What are you using for the connection?

I go mini displayport to display port from the Belkin dock to my Dell monitor with no problems whatsoever.

3. AustinZ, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014

AustinZ macrumors member

AustinZ

I'm having the exact same problem. Blue channel doesn't go through the dock. In this case the monitor is an LG E2241 and the Thunderbolt connection is going through an HDMI adapter. The monitor works fine plugged directly into my MBP 13".

I stopped buying Belkin products a few years back after suffering through janky router after janky router. Finally decided to give them another chance, and they did not disappoint. This dock is going back to the Apple Store this week.

EDIT: Tried the same (HDMI --> Mini DisplayPort --> dock) chain on an ASUS monitor. Same problem.

4. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

You should at least let Belkin tech support know about this before simply taking it back. Maybe it's an easy firmware fix on their end - if they get alerted to the issue.

5. Tomb01 macrumors 6502

I've been having issues with my dock and the ethernet port, and have had little luck with electronic communications and their support. Have plans this week to try to phone them to see if that is more effective.

6. John Kotches macrumors 6502

If you have the option you may want to consider the DisplayPort route. I have it working just fine on my Mini --> Thunderbolt Dock --> Dell 27" WQHD display via MDP to dp cable.