Monitor help again

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by peejack, Jan 15, 2008.

?

What should I buy????

1. BenQ FP214W 24" 6ms 3yr warranty - £446

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Samsung SM245B 24" 5ms 3yr warranty - £299

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Hyundai W24OD 24" 2ms / 3yr warranty - £352

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. HP LP2465 8ms warranty not known - £387

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Exchange the Dell 2407WFP-HC 24" 6ms / 3yr nxt day - It's the best one and worth sticking with

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. peejack macrumors 6502a

Hi,

As you may have seen I have been busy trying to find a 'good' 24" monitor to go with my mac pro.

I don't do serious design just a little here and there, the main use is Logic and music work. I just want a nice clean sharp picture.

Now here is the dilemma.

I ordered one of the older dell e24" model earlier this week and it had dead pixels and I wasn't really that impressed so I went for the 2407wfp-hc, now I got that and it's ok apart for suddenly it decided to go nuts and show lines everywhere and blurred images, it's gone back to normal now but obviously im concerned about it.

I paid £394 for this and was wondering what you guys think I should do now.

Im not going to go ahead, as much I would love to and get a £800+ display with top class panel ecause 1) I can't afford it and 2) I dont neeed superior quality.

So out of these choices in the poll which would you go for, and please feel free to comment on this situation.

Many thanks again.

Here are the options

2. Hatchet macrumors regular

Great Choice. Just get a replacement if it acts up.

The Dell 2407 is probably the best 24" monitor out there. Do a search and there a lot of happy Mac users with them, despite it being Dell. :)

If you want to go cheaper, the Gateway FHD2400 is my second pick.

3. peejack thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks I didn't want to go cheaper as such, (unless any would be worth it) just want a screen that looks good.

4. orangejuice macrumors newbie

I'd personally advise that you stick with the Dell.

5. exspes macrumors member

6. peejack thread starter macrumors 6502a

Two people here have voted for the samsung, did they have first hand views on it?

Thanks

7. jablko macrumors member

I don't own one personally, but I'm currently quite impressed by the Samsung 244t and 245t--though for the 245t there are options that need to be turned off for office productivity work. I noticed they're not on your list. Have you considered them? I think the quality matches the Dell, it's cheaper than the ACD. I can't say they're terribly pretty though, but that's not a priority for me.