• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

aRogue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a monitor to use exclusively for games on the upcoming consoles. Does anyone here console-game on a monitor? If so, which monitors do you use and if possible could you recommend me some?

~ I'm after a 24" - 27" native 1080p monitor.
~ It doesn't need to have in-built speakers as i'll be using external headphones.
~ Price isn't an issue but i also don't want to be paying for features the PS4 won't be able to use/take advantage of.
~ I'm preferably after an IPS panel.
~ Preferably can be wall-mounted but not fussed if it can't.

Many thanks and i greatly appreciate it!

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
Yes, I've been gaming on computer monitors for a while...

Currently, I am using a Dell Ultrasharp 23" IPS monitor. I love it; for my computing needs it is nice and bright, and easy to see/read at any angle.

For my console game needs, it works as well as anything I ever used before. I just have a Wii U now, and hook it up via a HDMI-->DVI converter. The 23" model doesn't have an HDMI port, but I believe the larger models do.

Supposedly, the IPS monitors don't refresh the screen as rapidly as other monitors, but I have never noticed a problem with it.

Comment

Celtic Warrior

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
Toronto, ON
I'm thinking to get monitor as well for new consoles, is there any monitor that has 30 inch and 1080 p resolution ? With good picture quality for sure.

Comment

Renzatic

Suspended
I'm thinking to get monitor as well for new consoles, is there any monitor that has 30 inch and 1080 p resolution ? With good picture quality for sure.

That'll be hard to find. Almost every good PC monitor out there above 24" jumps to 2560x1440 16:10. The closest I could find (after a fairly quick search, admittedly) was this 27" Asus monitor. Looks decent, but for that price, it's almost definitely a TN panel.

If you want a 1920x1080 gaming monitor at the size you want, you might have to settle a bit.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.