Monitor Help for Console Gaming.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by aRogue, Nov 10, 2013.

1. aRogue macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a monitor to use exclusively for games on the upcoming consoles. Does anyone here console-game on a monitor? If so, which monitors do you use and if possible could you recommend me some?

~ I'm after a 24" - 27" native 1080p monitor.
    ~ It doesn't need to have in-built speakers as i'll be using external headphones.
    ~ Price isn't an issue but i also don't want to be paying for features the PS4 won't be able to use/take advantage of.
    ~ I'm preferably after an IPS panel.
    ~ Preferably can be wall-mounted but not fussed if it can't.

Many thanks and i greatly appreciate it!

2. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

Yes, I've been gaming on computer monitors for a while...

Currently, I am using a Dell Ultrasharp 23" IPS monitor. I love it; for my computing needs it is nice and bright, and easy to see/read at any angle.

For my console game needs, it works as well as anything I ever used before. I just have a Wii U now, and hook it up via a HDMI-->DVI converter. The 23" model doesn't have an HDMI port, but I believe the larger models do.

Supposedly, the IPS monitors don't refresh the screen as rapidly as other monitors, but I have never noticed a problem with it.

3. Celtic Warrior macrumors regular

Celtic Warrior

I'm thinking to get monitor as well for new consoles, is there any monitor that has 30 inch and 1080 p resolution ? With good picture quality for sure.

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    That'll be hard to find. Almost every good PC monitor out there above 24" jumps to 2560x1440 16:10. The closest I could find (after a fairly quick search, admittedly) was this 27" Asus monitor. Looks decent, but for that price, it's almost definitely a TN panel.

If you want a 1920x1080 gaming monitor at the size you want, you might have to settle a bit.

5. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

TN monitors are better for gaming as IPS response times are a lot higher.