Monitor iPhone Messages through Yosemite (10.10.5))

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shuttermonster, Nov 16, 2016.

1. shuttermonster macrumors newbie

I can't even begin to describe the sadness that goes into creating this thread. I recently discovered my wife of 3 years having a (short-lived) affair with another man. After many tears and begging on her part, she's somehow managed to convince me to stay. Although I believe her remorse is sincere, she has lost the privilege of having my complete trust-- for now at least.

I'm looking for legitimate ways to stealthily "monitor" her phone activity. She's not a complete idiot, so downloading some sort of "iSpyonYourWife" app to her phone might be a tad bit obvious. I've taken my questions to Google to no avail. It seems this niche is loaded with page after page of utter BS solutions.

I was thinking about enabling "share my location" from her phone next time she leaves it charging. I was also thinking about linking her iPhone to my Macbook via the messages app for sms monitoring. But I have a question about that.

Question: When linking an iPhone to the "messages" app on Yosemite, am I able to read the texts she's receiving throughout the day since I'm connected via Wi-Fi? Or does the phone have to be on the same Wi-Fi network for this to work (meaning I can only monitor any messages she sends/receives when she's home..).

Any other ideas?

Thanks for reading

2. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

For the technical part: messages app will receive all text message conversations that are apple to apple. Apple to SMS won't be delivered to the app.

For the other part: I wish you luck, and just my opinion, I don't think this solution will help your relationship and depending on the state may be illegal if you are not part of the conversation.