Monitor + Keyboard question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LifeCerealRocks, May 19, 2010.

1. LifeCerealRocks macrumors member

Greetings all,

Long time, no post. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago as I was winding down my semester I accidentally cracked the LCD on my macbook pro. I just got home after graduation and hooked it up to my 46 inch plasma using the adapter that came with the MBP (sorry, I don't know the technical name for it). Anyhow, I think the resolution is a little high as everything seems rather small even 10 feet away. Is there anyway to scale up the icons, text, etc. without having to do the Apple and + keys as soon as I enter a website?

Also I bought a wireless keyboard but my MBP was bought a while back and it still has the old set up. Is there any way to change the layout of the keyboard I purchased to align with the old layout? Thanks.

2. LifeCerealRocks thread starter macrumors member

3. Morley7 macrumors member

As far as I know you can't scale up the entire GUI. However if you wanted everything to be larger you could choose a lower resolution in the display settings. The drawback to this is you do this though would be that you would not have as much space on your desktop because everything would be larger. In other words you wouldn't be able to fit as much on the screen at once. As for the keyboard, idk sorry.