Monitor LED Cinema Display 24" - Overheating

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by danipaytz, Jun 23, 2010.

1. danipaytz macrumors newbie

My LED Cinema Display 24 inch Monitor gets very hot after working on it for more than 3 hours. It radiates so much heat that it is uncomfortable sitting in front of it. It is very hot to touch. But it does not seem to have any negative visual effects. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to measure the temp. of the monitor?

2. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

Is its fan running? Do you hear any noise from it or feel any airflow from display's vents?
    If it's under warranty, take it to Apple service.
    BTW, wrong forum ;)

3. Parkin Pig macrumors 6502a

Parkin Pig

I've had mine for 8 months now. I regularly run it for way longer than 3 hours and it never runs hot. When the fans are blowing it's just a gentle flow of air, and it's barely above room temperature. I agree with the previous poster - if it's under warranty, take it back.

4. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Where's the heat coming from, front or back? What's your brightness set to? I run 2 ACD's 24/7, brightness usually set about middle and I don't get much heat from it.

5. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

When I had the 24" LED ACD (before I sold it a couple months ago, I miss it so much!!), after using it for more than an hour (sometimes on for 8 hours or longer) the whole display would get pretty warm. I remember when sitting infront of the 24" sometimes you could feel a bit of warm heat from it but by no means it will burn you.

I think its pretty normal because the 24" Cinema Displays have a built in power supply instead of the outside brick like the older cinema displays. I remember on mine, the lower left fan would start to make a rattle noise after a couple of hours.. but not loud enough to be bothered by it.

I'm waiting for the 27" LED cinema display, please apple release it already!!!