Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2012
Hello all,
I am a new user from PC to :apple: for only 3 weeks. :)
But now, I am facing a problem here.... :rolleyes: Could you please help me?? I've tried to goole it, but can't find any solution :(
I put my MBP to sleep mode in the night before I went to bed (I am 100% sure its on sleep mode as the little light was flashing). In the morning, I found my MBP is actually ON (the light is on, not flashing), but the monitor is all Black and the temperature of my monitor is high. I tried to use Trackpad / keyboard to wake up the monitor, but nothing happened (the monitor is black still) so I pushed the power botton, nothing happened either.
My god, did I did something wrong to my MBP?
It happened last week, when I turn on my MBP, everything working fine, I was playing movie in RealPlayer, and all the sudden, there is no action when I pushed keyboard / trackpad / power botton.
Could you please help???
Thanks a lot.

youva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2012
hold down the power button to do a hard shutdown and turn it on again.

Thanks.... the problem is I can't even do a hard shutdown.... I used the little botton on the side (left hand side) to restart the Mac, but still not success... :confused::confused::confused:

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Thanks.... the problem is I can't even do a hard shutdown.... I used the little botton on the side (left hand side) to restart the Mac, but still not success... :confused::confused::confused:

That isn't the power button. The power button is on the top right side.

youva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2012
That isn't the power button. The power button is on the top right side.

yes, i did use the power button on the top right side, but it won't let me shutting down. :( i don't know whether you can get what i mean or not :( the way i did it is to let he MBP running with battery and once bettery is flat, it will shut down itself, then i can turn the MBP on again, yay, the monitor is coming back... and it happened several times already.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
yes, i did use the power button on the top right side, but it won't let me shutting down. :( i don't know whether you can get what i mean or not :( the way i did it is to let he MBP running with battery and once bettery is flat, it will shut down itself, then i can turn the MBP on again, yay, the monitor is coming back... and it happened several times already.

You have to hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.