Monitor or HDTV for College Dorm

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by meridianboy, Jul 8, 2011.

1. meridianboy macrumors newbie

meridianboy

I am going to be starting college in august and was originally planning on using my 32" Samsung HDTV as a tv/computer monitor in my dorm room but am now thinking about leaving that home and getting a new, smaller monitor or tv. The main reasons that I am wanting to leave my tv home is that i think it will be a bit overkill in my dorm and I will be home on the weekends and will need a tv. I am looking at getting something along the lines of 25"-27" with LED backlighting. I plan on using HDMI for my macbook(mini dp to HDMI) & ps3, I will also need something with an rf port for the cable in my room. Can anyone give me any suggestions? I would like to stay below $400 as much as possible.

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M261VP-...f=sr_1_17?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1310104771&sr=1-17

This is one of the tv's that i have looked at and am considering getting(so far).

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

I believe that both Samsung and LG offer 27" displays that have a TV tuner built in as well. Thus, they can be used as either a "straight-up" computer display or switched over to be an HDTV.

They're priced in the $350 range.

Check amazon.com and newegg.com.