Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
Hey dudes, installed Bootcamp today with XP SP2....Have a Dual Quad Core 3Ghz and an X1900.

Well, during the install, both my monitors (20" Samsungs, both via DVI) had a weird resolution and I hardly saw what was on the screen as it was vibrating like crazy...so I got through the install and installed all the drivers from the Mac burnt cd. Now my first monitor is to my left and my left monitor is to my right, DVI port 1 is being seen as DVI port 2 in Windows, but under OSX it's fine. Is this normal?

Also during the bootup, I see the crazy resolution on my left monitor and my right monitor looks fine.

Rydther

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2007
San Jose, CA
IIRC, you can reorder the screen arrangement in Winxp, just click and drag one of the screens in the properties/settings window to the other side

OMAC1A

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2006
Hey dudes, installed Bootcamp today with XP SP2....Have a Dual Quad Core 3Ghz and an X1900.

Well, during the install, both my monitors (20" Samsungs, both via DVI) had a weird resolution and I hardly saw what was on the screen as it was vibrating like crazy...so I got through the install and installed all the drivers from the Mac burnt cd. Now my first monitor is to my left and my left monitor is to my right, DVI port 1 is being seen as DVI port 2 in Windows, but under OSX it's fine. Is this normal?

Also during the bootup, I see the crazy resolution on my left monitor and my right monitor looks fine.

Running XP on my non-Apple PC, I run into similar issues. During bootup you will only see any information on one monitor, not both. So garbled or jumbled information on one monitor is okay. You can rearrange the monitor arrangement in Display Properties >>> Settings Tab. Just drag and drop the monitors to your satisfaction. Also, your arrangement may or may not affect which monitor displays the POST information.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
Good to know it's not only me!

I did re-arrange the monitors, but whenever a new application loads up it always goes to the second monitor...I moved the taskbar to the left monitor, so the monitors are reversed in XP via Bootcamp, but under OSX it's fine.

Both monitors are connected via DVI. I see the XP bootup screen on both monitors, on the left it's squeezed and garbled and keeps shaking until it loads into windows.

OMAC1A

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2006
Good to know it's not only me!

I did re-arrange the monitors, but whenever a new application loads up it always goes to the second monitor...I moved the taskbar to the left monitor, so the monitors are reversed in XP via Bootcamp, but under OSX it's fine.

Both monitors are connected via DVI. I see the XP bootup screen on both monitors, on the left it's squeezed and garbled and keeps shaking until it loads into windows.

What applications are you using? Some (maybe all) applications have a memory of their last location. If you open Firefox in the left monitor and then drag it to the right monitor it will open in the right monitor the next time you open it.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
What applications are you using? Some (maybe all) applications have a memory of their last location. If you open Firefox in the left monitor and then drag it to the right monitor it will open in the right monitor the next time you open it.

Yes you're right, some apps do remember...my mouse pointer starts on the second monitor though :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.