Monitor recommendation for 15" rMBP (late 2013)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by diman1881, Jul 23, 2014.

1. diman1881 macrumors newbie

hello,

I am looking to get a monitor for my office for a 15" 2013 rMBP (high spec).

Usage will be for web browsing, watching (not editing video), and office applications. Would like to keep costs down.

Ideally would use both the rMBP screen and second monitor. Probably will need a rMBP stand and external keyboard / magic mouse to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance!

2. leman macrumors 604

Just a question: why do you need an eternal monitor? The 15" rMBP can do 1980x1200, which makes it equivalent to most desktop monitors, while delivering sharper picture. Or is the image too small for you?

One problem that I have with external monitors is that they look really washed out compared to the rMBP screen, because of their considerably lower pixel density, which seems to be very stressful for my eyes. I have two external monitors on my desk (left by predecessors), but I rarely even use one — only if I have to view lots of data (such as few different databases) at the same time.

3. Epiphron macrumors regular

I recommend the Dell Ultrasharp series. I use them for work, but they're too expensive for me to get for home use. Also what do people think of 2 24" monitors vs 1 27" monitor?

4. diman1881 thread starter macrumors newbie

The main reason is I run multiple concurrent applications and need more desktop space to view multiple windows. I often have 3 or more word documents, pdfs, etc that I keep going back and forth with along with email, that I reference almost simultaneously. I also run VM Ware and have Windows apps running concurrently with MAC apps.