Monitor recommendation requested

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by StevnJ9971, Feb 8, 2009.

1. StevnJ9971 macrumors member

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy a monitor for my MacBook 2.1 GHz Core 2 Duo. I'd like something between 19"-22" and in the price range of $200-300. I don't really know where to start, so if anyone has any recommendations I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

2. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I really hate it when people say "search for it" but I think this topic has come up at least once a week for the past 6 weeks. Do a search in the forums. Anyhow, I use the SP2309W from Dell and love it.

3. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Check out these links: Displays - [H]ard|forum and AnandTech: The LCD Thread .

Used both. Eventually bought a 24" 1920x1200 BenQ at Newegg for $279, at the Black Friday sale. Never seen anything close that price again. You just gotta do your research. I did easily 50-100 hours for my 24". :eek:

4. darkmeton macrumors member

just bought an LG 22' and it is wonderfull. Amazing colors! The model is W2284F-PF 22. You will surely have a problem with your monitor if you use the mini-displayPort to VGA/DVI. Most 20'-22'-24' etc have a refresh rate problem with the macbooks and even with iMacs. Even Apple cinema displays are not sometimes supported by that adaptor. My screen was turning off an on the whole time until I found the solution. Check the forum. I just posted a solution I found in the apple support site the other day.