Monitor/Set Up Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sdammers7, Sep 25, 2013.

1. sdammers7 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

So basically I'm in a little over my head right now and I'm looking for some advice. I currently own the 2012 MacBook Pro and I'm looking to set it up with an additional monitor as well. Additionally, I would like this to be compatible with an xbox360 as well as the upcoming xbox1.

After a little bit of research I've come to the conclusion that the simplest way to accomplish this would be with an HDMI Monitor. I can buy a thunderbolt - hdmi adapter for my MacBook Pro and the HDMI cord can also hook straight into the xbox. Is there anything wrong with this strategy? Is there a simpler way? Also, any recommendations on brands/locations/products to buy would be incredibly appreciated.

Thank you all for doing what you do!

2. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Look for a monitor with both HDMI and Display Port inputs (common on Dell monitors and others). Then you could hook up both devices (Xbox and MBP) with straight cables and no adapters or switch boxes needed. The two Dells that I have also autoswitch so you don't even have to select the input - it knows which device is sending a signal.

3. sdammers7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there a specific model you would recommend?

4. sdammers7 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Pharmscott, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013

Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott