Monitor shopping

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 100Years, Mar 15, 2011.

1. 100Years macrumors regular

I've been looking at a monitor upgrade for my computer, and went to check out the Apple LED CD (27"). Well, I'll tell you, I don't know if I could ever use that display -- the reflections are horrible, and I find them to be a huge distraction. Curious though, is it something that you get used to? Guess I just imagine lots of eye strain in using a display that is so reflective.

Also, I considered picking up a used Apple 30" CD. The problem there is, that with no HDCP support, I could not connect and use my PS3.

Lately I've been checking out Dell and NEC monitors as well; they've got some nice ones too.

2. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

The Dell Ultra-Sharp range of Monitors are supposed to be just as good as Apple Cinema Displays for quality of picture and colours. Plus they are Matte, not Glossy.

Plus they have a guarantee that if you have 1 dead pixel, you can return it and get a new one.

Dell Ultrasharp

3. case2001 macrumors 6502

I have a couple of samsung 2450h's that I love. Work great with windows,mac and Linux. Also they have VGA, dvi, and hdmi. No internal speakers though. Matte screen. I really like them.