Monitor stand to slide Macbook under?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by marioman38, Jul 1, 2012.

1. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

I'm currently using a workshop manual for my Miata to hold my monitor up, it works, but its not clean.

Does anyone know of a monitor stand that the air will slide under, with room for the power/monitor cable too? Its slightly difficult since the ports are on opposite sides.

I'm looking at this and this. I've been told the second one has room for a 13" MBP with cables, however the MBP has all ports on the same side so it may not be applicable to us Air'ers.

What do ya'll use? (Pics would be awesome!)

2. Barna Biro, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012

Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

Not sure if the following fits your needs, but here you go: http://hengedocks.com/order_mba.php ( small video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2qLzJJMBLE ) So, instead of just having a monitor stand and the Air under it like a book or whatever, you could maybe benefit of some nice docking station for Air that also has additional outputs, etc. ( this of course if you have a tiny bit of spare space next to the monitor or on the ground even... )

There are other similar and even a tiny bit nicer docks, just that I can't recall the names at the moment...

3. marioman38 thread starter macrumors 6502a

marioman38

Woah, that's pretty sweet! If it had an audio jack pass thought it would be perfect! Although it doesn't hold my monitor...

I was also looking at this one. But your solution may be better, albeit more expensive.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

Oh yeah, that's sweet too :) I think I remember seeing it once before.

5. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I use this Laptuk stand for my 11-inch MBA and a 20-inch display with my wall-mounted treadmill desk set-up. Here's a picture:

[​IMG]