Monitor to play Gamecube (Import) and connect to MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kaiser Phoenix, May 29, 2007.

1. Kaiser Phoenix macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,

I am abit confused about this whole thing and was wondering if anyone can help me here...

Basically what i want to do is to connect an IMPORT (japanese) Gamecube to a TV BOUGHT IN UK which can also act as a monitor for my macbook pro.

Initially i thought of the Sony: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL20S...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1180468428&sr=1-1

However the main issues seems to be the it has to be 60Hz NTSC? What i dont understand that on the specs it says NTSC compatible but it doesnt tell you whether you can use 60HZ because it seems that import games run at 60HZ.

So bottom line: Will that tv i pointed out above work for what i want to do? If not, can somebody explain the 50, 60HZ thing?

Can someone explain this to me? And by the way, I am in the UK!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. Kaiser Phoenix thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I now it uses NTSC.

Im sorry if my question wasnt clear, I want to buy a TV in the UK which can input NTSC and that sony seems to do the job but what is the issue with 50-60HZ?

Will this monitor work for what i want to do?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

No clue about the refresh rate compatibility. You might want to call Sony. Then again they might just say that it "does" support it.

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

This is a TV not a monitor.
    You need a NTSC tv unless there is a VGA adapter made for the Gamecube (I don't think there is).

6. Kaiser Phoenix thread starter macrumors 6502

Yup i know its a TV :) (it says TV on my post).

I just want to play gamecube on this tv but at the same time use it with my macbook pro as well but gaming is the priority...This apparently supports NTSC and PAL but says 50Hz and I read somewhere that Japanese consoles use 60HZ so is this a problem?