Monitor too bright at lowest setting. Any advice?

fathergll

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
I have a 27" Auria EQ276W, its a cheap display that I believe uses basically the same panel as the 27" Apple Thunderbolt displays.

Anyway the Achilles heel on this monitor is the fact that even with the brightness set at 0 it's way too bight(it's been documented by multiple users)

What type of options do I have on getting this display at a lower brightness output? Spyder Pro or can I do this from OSX?

sample pic of display

yukyuklee

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
Boston, MA
I have a 27" Auria EQ276W, its a cheap display that I believe uses basically the same panel as the 27" Apple Thunderbolt displays.

Anyway the Achilles heel on this monitor is the fact that even with the brightness set at 0 it's way too bight(it's been documented by multiple users)

What type of options do I have on getting this display at a lower brightness output? Spyder Pro or can I do this from OSX?

sample pic of display
Wear sunglasses :cool: jk
Have you tried tuning down other settings on the monitor? like gamma etc?

fathergll

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
Have you tried tuning down other settings on the monitor? like gamma etc?

Thats the issue...I don't have gamma available to control. Just basic brightness, color temp...etc. I ran SpyderPro 4 on it which is giving me a decent color profile but its still too bright.

Here's a chart at how bright this display is

Its min brightness is very high at 146

yukyuklee

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
Boston, MA
Thats the issue...I don't have gamma available to control. Just basic brightness, color temp...etc. I ran SpyderPro 4 on it which is giving me a decent color profile but its still too bright.

Here's a chart at how bright this display is

Its min brightness is very high at 146

http://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-calibrate-your-macs-display--mac-47072
Have you tried the color calibration on the OS in Displays? I wish I could remember the program I used on my MBAir when I get home from the office I will find out for you

fathergll

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.