Monitor Volume

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NinjahKitteh, Apr 21, 2012.

1. NinjahKitteh macrumors newbie

Hello there! I have an Early 2011 13 inch 2nd tier model Macbook Pro. Today, I have decided to buy a nice 27 inch samsung monitor for my laptop. I was pleased to see that I did not need to underscan on this monitor as I had to do with other monitors I have tried in the past. Anyway, my question is that is there any way possibly I can adjust the volume that comes out the monitor simply by using my keyboard as I would with the macbook pro. I know for a fact that it is possible hardware / software related as with programs you can adjust the volume / mute for a specific thing like youtube. For some reason mac likes to be a douche and makes it so you cant adjust the volume at all when using a monitor. (Im not talking about adjusting the monitor volume, I mean the volume that comes out the monitor, if you understand me. make it so the hdmi cable sends less volume to the monitor). I know this should be possible, but is there any way mac allows you to do this? Thanks!

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

HDMI passes through the sound without any kind of processing, one could call it "line-level" thus what you are asking is not possible unless you reduce the sound on youtube or iTunes itself for example. There is no software that'll change that.

Plug your computer into a decent set of external speakers, you'll have both much better sound and more control over it, and your problem will be solved.