Monitor wiggles ...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mysterytramp, Sep 12, 2008.

1. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

I'm having an issue with my Envision flat screen monitor.

The display shows all but a few pixels of the screen. As the mouse moves right, the display shifts a bit to the left so that all the righthand pixels are on screen. As the mouse moves to the left, the display shifts to the right. Same behavior top and bottom.

At first it wasn't much of an issue but to be honest, get mousing across the screen and I get a little seasick.

A change in monitor resolution doesn't help. It's a 1680 x 1050, 60 hertz display. Several of the alternative settings are unusable, some can be used but the screen is unreadable.

I've tried fiddling with the front-panel controls. You can change the viewing area of the screen, but that doesn't help.

I got this monitor about a year ago because it was cheap (about $125). I guess my main worry is whether this is the beginning of the end.

I had been leaving the monitor on constantly, assuming that the sleep function would reduce whatever 'wear and tear' that might cause. Behavior might have started after a recent storm that shut down power. It's plugged into a power strip with a circuit breaker. I might have assumed it provided full surge protection.

mt

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You have probably zoomed in. Press control and scroll your mouse until it stops zooming out.

3. mysterytramp thread starter macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

Boy do I feel really, really stupid.

Thanks, that was it.

mt

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s