Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Monitor with 2 minidisplay ports

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Does anyone now of a monitor with 2 mini display ports? I am looking for something 24-27" wide with a resolution of about 2560 x 1440 and a few USB ports to connect a macbook air and a thinkpad.

Also if I get a monitor with usb could I connect my keyboard to the display to use with both computers without having to use a KVM switch.

Thanks in advance.

mjohnson1212

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2007
I use the 27" NEC PA272W. The PA series has two display port inputs (one normal, one mini) and usb inputs for mouse & keyboard that allow you to use the monitor with both machines and switch between them without having a KVM switch.

I have a Mac Pro and a Mac mini hooked up and switch between them and works great.

I use the provided display port mini to display port cable to attached the mac pro to the monitor and use a mini to mini dp cable to connect the mac mini.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
I use the 27" NEC PA272W. The PA series has two display port inputs (one normal, one mini) and usb inputs for mouse & keyboard that allow you to use the monitor with both machines and switch between them without having a KVM switch.

I have a Mac Pro and a Mac mini hooked up and switch between them and works great.

I use the provided display port mini to display port cable to attached the mac pro to the monitor and use a mini to mini dp cable to connect the mac mini.
Excellent. I imagine you you have a display port to mini display adaptor for your mac pro?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.