Monitors have opposite black on white settings

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by NP3, Oct 9, 2007.

1. NP3 macrumors regular

Hey everybody,

I'm having this strange problem...I have a G4 Aluminum Powerbook with a ViewSonic 20" monitor attached. They are set up as an extended desktop. Yesterday they started having opposite black on white / white on black settings. (the 'book's one started it)

I've done all the basic resets, and when i take screenshots both show up fine. When i switch the monitors using command-option-control-8 they do switch properly and my 'book's monitor goes back to normal.

I have no clue where I would reset a preference for something like this. System Preferences.plist ? Apple Graphics plist ?

The only program I have recently started using is "the Sims 2" two days beforehand. Also, I know the 'book's monitor is slowly dying, as often it will lose/flicker more than half it's saturation (although that is probably unrelated).

Thanks.

2. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

Check the Universal Access Preference Pane in System Preferences. Make sure that Black on White is selected, and not White on Black.

3. NP3 thread starter macrumors regular

Black on white is selected, but the powerbook's screen is doing white on black. Go figure...

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

5. NP3 thread starter macrumors regular

It doesn't. I'm baffled. I've been around all the mac websites for awhile and haven't even heard of this problem. It seems like a software issue, given that I can switch back and forth. I did a fresh OS install at the end of june.

Meh. I could deal with the loss of saturation & brightness, but this is crazy.

I think its funny that if I had bought Applecare, it would've expired in August. The saturation/brightness issue came up at the beginning of september, and now this.

Thus continuing the tech phrase: "it breaks when the warranty expires"