Monitors to go with the 27" imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by henrikrox, May 5, 2011.

1. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

2. yustas macrumors regular

I am also interested in pretty much the same question. Is it possible to run 27" iMac and 19" Dell monitor, like this one.

3. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Why would you not be able to run different size monitors? As long as they have appropriate inputs, or you have the adapters, you won't have an issue.

4. Vylen macrumors 65816

I would recommend getting monitors that are close to 27"... just cause it might "feel" annoying having a monitor that is undersized.

Apart from size, though, I would suggest looking for an IPS monitor (rather than TN). With all iMacs using IPS monitors, if you add on a TN, you'll notice the colours will essentially never match each other. And THAT you'll probably find annoying. Unfortunately, to get an IPS monitor you WILL have to spend a little more but it is worth it. Consequently, I would suggest looking at Dell Widescreen Ultrasharp monitors. Good quality and relatively cheap IPS monitors.

5. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

My current "multi monitor" setup consists of a MBP and a 24" ACD. It does not feel weird at all. It's actually quite nice to have my work on the 24" and then mail or a reference document or a book or a website open on the smaller screen.

6. henrikrox thread starter macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Thanks mate, yes i would go for an ips display but i spent a little more on the imac, so i guess TN panels have to do.

I would go for a 27" also, but i havnt found anyone with a good design to compliment the imac, but thanks :)

7. Vylen macrumors 65816

Then why not wait and save up a bit to get an IPS monitor... a 27" iMAc already does give you a lot of screen real estate so you can wait a few months before getting a second monitor :)

8. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

You cant find a 27" IPS monitor for less than Apples, so 27" is out.

10 years ago: 24" 1920 X 1200 + 17" 1024 X 768. no problem

[​IMG]

9. yustas macrumors regular

What do I need to connect this 19" Dell monitor to 27" iMac? Does Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter work with Thunderbolt or do I need a new adapter that supports Thunderbolt (DVI to Thunderbolt) - does it even exist?

10. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

11. parkersjones macrumors newbie