Mono Bluetooth freezing iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sjdigital, Aug 14, 2011.

1. sjdigital macrumors regular

I Installed Mono Bluetooth with the objective of being able to route navigation instructions over my Parrot hands free but whenever I activate it my phone more or less freezes, i.e. it becomes really sluggish and my navigation app won't start. It opens (eventually) and then just crashes. I can't even deactivate Mono Bluetooth without switching off the car's ignition which switches off the Parrot. Once the bluetooth connection is broken I can deactivate Mono Bluetooth and everything returns to normal.

Has anyone any experience of this app and any suggestions as to what could be the problem as others seem to be able to get it to work just fine.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

if that's what is causing your crashes I would uninstall it to confirm it then reinstall it to try again. After that I would try contacting the Dev via email. see if he can help or maybe he/she is not supporting it.

3. sjdigital thread starter macrumors regular

Good suggestions, labman, thanks. In fact I'd already tried the uninstall/reinstall but to no avail, so I'll try contacting the developer as you suggest. I just thought it was worth seeing if anyone had had a similar experience and found a solution.

4. dj9928 macrumors member

Did you ever get a fix? Think i'm gonna have to return my iPhone as this was the one thing I needed

5. SlasherKG macrumors member

I also found this to happen on my iPhone 4 with iOS 5. The phone becomes very slow to respond and the audio cuts in and out and most audio applications crash (such as iHeart Radio).

I suggest you contact the author to see if they will be able to update it. (I already did this. Go in Cydia and select the package, then click author and it will create an e-mail.)

6. SlasherKG macrumors member

Bad News

I received this reply from the author:

If you used this program, please consider donating so we might have the opportunity to have it working again.

7. dj9928 macrumors member

He's looking $700 he had $5 last time I looked its not gonna happen, whats wrong with a second hand 3GS?

8. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Just for clarification...is the Parrot handsfree device A2DP capable? Just wondering if navigation instructions would or could be routed to the device that way.

I was a Bluetooth Mono user, also.

9. Duff8402 macrumors newbie

Got my donation in... Even if it's only a small amount right now and you "don't think it's going to happen" it's not going to happen if you don't at least toss a couple dollars in there.

10. princesstravell macrumors newbie

Might have found solution

I was trying to find an alternative to bluetooth mono and stumbled across this: http://techtips.salon.com/use-bluetooth-music-iphone-263.html

It is not an app, it makes you connect to your bluetooth device and then got into your voicemail app and click on audio in the upper right hand corner and also choose your bluetooth device, click it even if there is already a check mark on it. Then go to your ipod or whereever you want to listen to your music and it works. I am listening to music right now through my bluetooth without using an app. It doesnt make sense to me but it works.

I was going to give a donation but i also wanted a solution now. Since I found one I dont see a need to donate.

Let me know if anyone else has success with this.

11. princesstravell macrumors newbie

now not working

ok now it is not working, maybe when i deleted bluetooth mono there were some remnants of the app still on my iphone and it worked? i dont know , now it only plays through the iphone speaker but it was working before, anybody have any success? let me know