Monolingual for Leopard?

d wade

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
Will the program Monolingual work in Leopard?

I would like to remove the unused languages in order to clear space.

A friend, with Tiger, cleared an extra 4GB by using Monolingual.

I would like to use this, however the website does not mention that it will work in Leopard. Can anyone shed any light on this?

naftalim

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I used it a few days ago and it was fine.

Will the program Monolingual work in Leopard?

I would like to remove the unused languages in order to clear space.

A friend, with Tiger, cleared an extra 4GB by using Monolingual.

I would like to use this, however the website does not mention that it will work in Leopard. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Comment

d wade

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
thank you.

also i read that when using monolingual you msut be careful because it can seriously mess things up. is this true?

Comment

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Have you installed Leopard yet? It would be easier and safer to deselect the languages while installing.

Comment

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
very true

make sure you don't remove any architectures, check, double check, triple check that tab before you press the go button.

Comment

d wade

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
i'm glad i re-read this before running this program. all the architectures were selected (except 'intel') to be removed. i'm gonna run the removal of the unimportant languages now

Comment

jnyepu

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
Dallas, TX
There is no problem with removing the Languages under the Input Menu tab, is there? The ones I'd like to remove are listed as "Input Method" under type, and there's only 6 of them : Korean, Kotoeri, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Tamil and Vietnamese. There is one other choice on this menu "AppleKeyboardLayouts", with Type listed as Keyboard Layout, but wasn't sure if this was OK to remove either/

Went ahead and removed what I wanted from the Languages Tab and unchecked EVERYTHING under the Architecture tab, but didn't touch anything under the Input tab till certain it's OK to do.

Thanks.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.