Monolingual for Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by d wade, Nov 2, 2007.

1. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

Will the program Monolingual work in Leopard?

I would like to remove the unused languages in order to clear space.

A friend, with Tiger, cleared an extra 4GB by using Monolingual.

I would like to use this, however the website does not mention that it will work in Leopard. Can anyone shed any light on this?

2. naftalim macrumors 6502

I used it a few days ago and it was fine.

3. d wade thread starter macrumors 65816

d wade

thank you.

also i read that when using monolingual you msut be careful because it can seriously mess things up. is this true?

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Have you installed Leopard yet? It would be easier and safer to deselect the languages while installing.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

very true

make sure you don't remove any architectures, check, double check, triple check that tab before you press the go button.

6. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

yes .. only if you delete every language.. then you gotta re-install .. My cousin did that and call me,then had me re-install the OS.. :eek::eek:

Just ran the language part and saved 2.5GBs .. :)

7. d wade thread starter macrumors 65816

d wade

i'm glad i re-read this before running this program. all the architectures were selected (except 'intel') to be removed. i'm gonna run the removal of the unimportant languages now

8. jnyepu macrumors member

There is no problem with removing the Languages under the Input Menu tab, is there? The ones I'd like to remove are listed as "Input Method" under type, and there's only 6 of them : Korean, Kotoeri, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Tamil and Vietnamese. There is one other choice on this menu "AppleKeyboardLayouts", with Type listed as Keyboard Layout, but wasn't sure if this was OK to remove either/

Went ahead and removed what I wanted from the Languages Tab and unchecked EVERYTHING under the Architecture tab, but didn't touch anything under the Input tab till certain it's OK to do.

Thanks.