Monolingual - OSX help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chautauqua, Apr 4, 2008.

1. chautauqua macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I don't know if someone has already come up with this problem, so here i am to ask help about this: I've got my mbp from quite a few months now and i've used monolingual to free space from my hd.
    So everything is fine except for the "help - guide" (i'm not sure how it's called in the english version of macosx) in my mbp. The problem is that when i try to write something in the find section it doesn't do anything.
    For example: if i have to look help about calibrating batteries, i cannot write battery and then choose any of the possible results as it doesn't simply work. I have to go in the help index, B, batteries...etc.
    So i thought about monolingual: i read lots of troubled experiences with that software.
    Do you think is that the case? Do you know anything to put things right back in my mbp?
    What should i do? Reinstalling macosx?

Thanks a lot.

2. catachip macrumors regular

catachip

You probably deleted one of the English language variants when you used the monolingual program. Personally, I think that program causes more trouble than it's worth.

You will likely have to reinstall OS X in order to regain that full functionality.