Monologue Suggestions

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DavidClassic, Jan 28, 2011.

1. DavidClassic macrumors member

So I take Drama class at school and for our final grade we are required to perform a eight to nine minute monologue. Now this won't be 'till the end of the year, but being a good student (and needing time to prepare) I'm trying to find one now.

So does anyone here have any suggestions for monologues? I would like a comedic monologue but am willing to give anything a go.

One possible monologue that I am considering is the scene from 'The King of Comedy' where Robert De Niro does his stand up routine. Only problem with it is the length and it might lead to a static performance, as it is a stand up routine.

Any help is appreciated.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. DavidClassic thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestion. I really like that scene, watching it I was very interested which is always a good sign. Although might have to tone down the language a bit.

Never knew Baldwin could actually act for real.

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind.

Still open to other suggestions. Thanks.

4. 184550 Guest

If you don't already, I recommend watching Letterman (or any other late night show), particularly the first 10- 15 minutes where he preforms a comedic monologue.

Keep in mind though that if you're aiming for a comedic piece like late night tv, you'll have to wait until pretty close to the deadline so that the information is relevant.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

6. ender land macrumors 6502a

I think the 'to be or not to be' is far too short but perhaps you could take a larger section that includes it?

I simply love the emotion invoked in it and hte philosophical issues it raises.

7. DavidClassic thread starter macrumors member

Yep, watch Letterman, Colbert and Jon Stewart (although they don't particularly perform monologues)

Thanks for the ideas everyone.

Still open to more suggestions.

8. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

There's always Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men...

If you're looking for something a bit out of the box, Ron Perlman has a monologue at the beginning of the Fallout series of games... those have always stuck with me. "War. War never changes..." Might not be long enough though... could think about chaining all of the different games' monologues together. :)

9. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac