Monoprice iPhone 5 Accessories Announced

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Rizzm, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

2. crewpride macrumors member

I ordered the bumper. Should be here in the next couple days. I'll use it till I decide what case I want to use full time.

3. omyard macrumors regular

I like the executive. If it had slots for credit cards and cash I'd get it.

I'm not a big case fan, but I feel like I want one for the iPhone 5 and one that doubles as a wallet would be nice.

4. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

The Sure Fit looks like there are no speaker holes at the bottom? :confused:

5. salsbury macrumors newbie

looks like they have cutouts on the front/bottom of the case for the sound to travel through.

6. Rizzm thread starter macrumors 6502a

I luckily placed my order quickly so it got shipped today.

Got the leather case, bumper case, sure fit TPU case, 3 matt shields, 3 transparent shields, all for $26 with priority shipping.

I'm planning on these being temporary cases but I've been surprised by their products before so I may just end of keeping it. My girlfriend has a Monoprice blue TPU case on her iPad and it's exceptionally functional and sturdy. The texture of the TPU is very nice. It's soft but still smooth, so it goes in and out of pockets very easily.

7. getKaos macrumors member

I was looking forward to the Screen protectors, as I've used them for iPad and iPhone 4S. Unfortunately, the iPhone 5 screen protectors they have are NOT as advertised.

The images on the site, and on the product packaging itself show individual cutouts for the Camera, Ear Speaker, and a round home button. Instead, you get a screen protector that has one large, ugly cut out for the Camera/Speaker/ Sensors, and a cut out for the Home Button that extends right to the bottom. It's sized to leave about 1mm of the glass exposed on each edge, so it will be quite noticeable.

Quite disappointing.

Attached Files:

8. thezinger macrumors newbie

I just got in a case from Monoprice, and I have to say I'm impressed. Its a 2 part case, 1 part bumper and 1 part hard shell that goes over the bumper. I hate cases and typically never use one, but this is slim and a perfect size. The second pic is a little deceiving because I didn't press the hard case all the way on, but it is a perfect snug fit.

I also ordered the screen protector, and sadly it is the same cutout design as the previous one shown. I'm going to contact them about this.

Attached Files:

9. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

Just got my screen protectors for my iphone 5. I am very disappointed in the cutouts. My iPhone 4/4s screen protectors were perfectly cut but these are just junk.

10. LimeiBook86, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012

LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Monoprice Sure Fit Case Review for iPhone 5 - Video Review

Hey everyone,

I got my Monoprice Sure Fit case for the iPhone 5 on Saturday, so I made a quick video review about it.

I like the case a lot, for the price you can't beat it. It feels sturdy in my hands and the screen protectors seem to work well with it. After the video review I did put on a Monoprice protector, and it fits fine in the case with it. I already have a scratch on the protector, but that's okay as I have 2 left over to use down the road.

I only wish the headphone jack was more access sable (like the iPhone 4/4S Dual-Guard case by Monoprice). But it's not too bad, I'd either get a tiny audio extension cord (like they had when the 1st iPhone was released due to the recessed headphone jack) or simply take a few tools to the case and modify it. :p

11. Usehername macrumors member

Really cheap case, how is the lip on this case? Safe to put face down on a table or no?

12. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I'd say it's safe. I have the case (shown in the video above) it pops out about 1 or 2 mm from the screen. So it's safe to have face down. But I have a monoprice screen protector on it just in case.